Labels

About Me

Expecting Today

| Monday, July 2, 2012 |

(Lyrics and melody by Sister Tammy Grant of Highlands Christian Assembly in Sebring, FL)

I
I stand here expecting from the Lord today
All things I can do if I just trust and pray
My spirit will be stable as I grow stronger everyday
With my feet planted firmly, I'll stand expecting today

CHORUS
For He knows my every problem; understands my every fear
He walked this path once before me just to prove He would be near
So I know I must be steady, standing strong in the faith
So I come here expecting from the Lord today

II
I believe that Jesus will make a change in me
I'm no longer satisfied in what I once believed
I have been chosen for His purpose, only by His saving grace
So I'll stand here thanking Jesus, expecting today

III
I'm learning to trust Jesus, author, finisher of my faith
Who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising shame
I'll run this race with much patience and I'll try not to faint
As I stand here expecting from the Lord today


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive