Labels

About Me

I Talk To Myself A Lot (Inner Discussion)

| Sunday, January 13, 2013 |

[Verse 1]
You already know what my name is
About burn the American flag with flames from my mouth
A lot of shit changed since I came from the South
My brain maintains the strangest of clout
I believe in myself and remain a man patient
I can change the world but dammit I can't take it
When I entered Virginia, I walked around and couldn't help
But see these old plantations
Outside of Hampton, spirit of the slave dancing
They glancing, saying "Charles, take chances"
I hate standing, I float through time
So check your watch, I am supposed to shine
I'm far from below rock bottom
Rocks looking down like "Nigga get up cause this is your luck"
Hendrix died from a Hendrix high
To spend his time inside this rhyme and say

[Hook]
The weaker I feel, the stronger I am
I'm keeping it real, it's all in my hands
So why am I afraid of my own reflection
My pain is of my own collection

[Verse 2]
I spent my whole life trying to find people that love me
Get in the game that is a bunch of clones of me
Fucking ugly, I ain't the cutest
But fuck if a nigga say that I ain't the truest
If I ain't Sonic, then the sky ain't the bluest
Stupid, that's why I'm making music
The sky reflects off of the season
The music of mind reflects off of me
Respect Charles and breathe, the two things you need to do
Cause who else gon believe in you like me
Keep it funky like I'm standing in shit
So hot that I'm cool, needed fans to exist
Damn, I'm legit
Truth be told I don't need groupie hoes chilling on they groupie shows
If you mad, then I know your intentions
My D is on point like I roll with the pistons

[Hook]
The weaker I feel, the stronger I am
I'm keeping it real, it's all in my hands
So why am I afraid of my own reflection
My pain is of my own collection

[Verse 3]
Angels over me, demons next to me
Wonder why I don't believe in ecstasy?
But if I had some decent respect for me
I could be my destiny and be what you'll never be
If you use other people to rise
I see the real you looking deep in your eyes
No reason for lies, I needed to shine
To achieve the dream, I'll store it deep in my mind
I needed a time to prove to myself
That my greatest weapon is when I'm using myself
And I didn't go to school for this help
I broke all of the rules, cause I knew for myself
The power of positive thinking
Growing up negative, praying for a positive inkling
Charles Hamilton, call me the inkling

[Hook]
The weaker I feel, the stronger I am
I'm keeping it real, it's all in my hands
So why am I afraid of my own reflection
My pain is in my own collection


Sometimes I just wanna scream
And just make everybody feel where I'm coming from
I don't think anybody will understand
At any given point in time
How real shit is to me
I will do music as long as I can breathe
And I pray right now, that if I should die
That my spirit can be in the air and people can still feel me
But since I'm alive, imma let my music be my spirit...forever
Maybe I am crazy, maybe everybody got it right
Maybe I got it wrong
But you know what? It's me
There's only one me
So therefore I'm the only one with the mind I got
I put that on everything
I was born with it, I'll die with it

Charles Hamilton


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive